Monday, October 20, 2008

Shakespeare, White Men, Jumping

Last night I (drunkenly) watched the first half hour of White Men Can't Jump with my brother and my boyfriend before going to bed. We all knew and loved the movie and could say the lines along with it and sing along with the Venice Beach Boys in the beginning like we were part of the Sing a Long Evita or Sound of Music, but we had all forgotten what a truly GREAT movie it is. My brother came out and said it while brandishing a red wine glass and eating sharp cheddar. "The plot is Shakespearean, really. The beginning is Romeo and Juliet, with the fight and then...well, yeah that part's Shakespearean." He also pointed out that we see Rosie Perez with a drinking problem in the beginning-when she sneaks vodka when Billy is showering because he steeeeenks! But then we don't see any more of her vices, she's just a smart chick who in the end is smart enough to leave Beeeelly and totally win Jeopardy (What is a quince!). So I guess what I'm saying is that wine is delicious.

No comments: