Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sound Off

I actually watched Sarah Palin's SNL spot last night with the sound off, just like she did when she first watched Tina Fey's impression of her. Granted, I watched with the sound off because we couldn't figure out the fancy TV, so when I watched it I thought it looked funny. This morning I watched with the sound on and it just sort of made me uncomfortable. It's like SNL was trying to keep its integrity yet at the same time pandering to Palin. Clearly Alec Baldwin wanted to say his piece and then pussied out. It was just really weird. And what was up with the Weekend Update rap? Eskimos? Isn't that politically incorrect or something? Not like that really means anything anymore during this race. Anyway, Palin on SNL made me feel just like she does in real life: Uncomfortable, angry, upset, and angry again. Yeah, mostly angry.

No comments: